Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Huge Slump for Brooks.

We all have witnessed crazy slumps in APBA Baseball, it never fails -- even on  great cards. My big slump is with Brooks Robinson of the 1969 Baltimore Orioles for my Crazy 48's League project. I am using BBW of late to try to speed up the season with the cards -- and even on computer, he can't break out of his slump.

With the cards, I have went 3-for-63! That is a lousy .048, yikes!

Now let me note that 1969 was certainly not his best season in the Majors that year -- in which he batted .234, 23 HR & 84 RBI (.693 OPS) at age 32. But something has to bounce his way, by the way, he has yet to hit a HR & has only one extra-base hit (a double).

His first game on BBW (against the 1944 St.Louis Browns, I must add), he went 0-for-4, he actually got his 2nd RBI of the season, only because the bases were loaded, and the fact that he was walked. Ellie Hendricks followed with a Grand Slam (he had 2 HR's that game). He has only been walked 4 times this year, and his average falls to .045, his On-Base Percentage is not much better at .060!

I think sometimes as a dice-roller, we tend to press while rolling the dice for guys who slump. I know I have had these discussions with my younger brother Chris on this topic, and he feels that is the same in that case -- that like batters in a slump, we tend to press while rolling for guys in a slump.

Andre Dawson, Willie McCovey, Rod Carew, Dave Winfield & Johnny Bench are guys that I have not generally rolled well with, regardless of the season or setup. Dawson, McCovey & Bench have had much better luck for me, as of late though -- so it goes to show, that things can surely change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...