Thursday, April 12, 2018

Been Busy of Late

Hey guys, sorry that it has been awhile. Lots of things happening in my personal life, the wife and I have both switched jobs. With the time that I have had to myself, I have been doing my 2018 MLB Projections League.

2018 MLB Projections League

Like I was saying, I have been doing my 2018 MLB Projections League, which is using the 2017 APBA Baseball Card Season, merged with custom-made cards on 2018 projections.... not all players have projection cards. I have made cards for prospects and rookies such as the Angels' phenom Shohei Ohtani, while making cards for guys who are projected to do significantly better or worse this season as well.

I have made about 160 projection cards so far.

The season itself is in series #4 with everyone, around the dates of April 9th-12th, basically Major League Baseball has caught up with me. I update players & transfer players according to real-life transactions, while I also keep players out do to real-life injuries. In-game board-game injuries, I do what's on the playing boards (not Injury index), while adding those games to the J-0, J-1, J-2, J-3 or J-4 ratings...

For example, Runner on First and Second - Play result #38 vs Fielding 2, runner injured sliding into second -- Out for 3 games, and then add that to (let's say) J-3 rating and the player is injured for 6 games.


I will update more on the actual season, all on the powerhouses, the early disappointments, and early surprises, and not-so-surprises. There are some guys like Mikie Mahtook and Brandon Crawford, who seem to be hitting home runs at a greater rate than their real-life HR rates, while there is some guys who are suffering huge slumps.

More to come on the Projections league....

1981 Detroit Tigers Replay

On another project, I was playing the 1981 Detroit Tigers, strike will be included in which we will do the playoffs in the same way that the 1981 MLB Season was conducted. The Tigers won the A.L. East first-half season, I am on my opposite computer, so I can't dig up the exact record right now. I do know that Steve Kemp is an on-base machine for Detroit, while Lance Parrish has already exceeded his real-life 1981 HR totals.... plus Dan Petry has 10+ wins already for me, and at his current rate is making a bid for 20 wins in a strike-shortened season.

I was also playing the Cincinnati Reds in the other league, I am only half-way through April with them & definitely trailing the Tigers' pace of play. The Reds are pretty bland at best, I picked them because they were similar to the Tigers' 1981 situation, where both teams had good competitive records, while falling short on both halves' division races. I am on the fence if I actually want to continue even playing them, I wanted to see if I can get different results on the N.L side, just like with the Tigers, the Reds' opponents records can change and create new races all together. The results would be the same with games not depending Tigers or Reds, but my Tigers actually took it to the Yankees, which created a better chance for the Tigers, but the opposite divisions' races can be effected as well, for example if the Royals beat up on my Tigers more than they actually did in real-life, it could effect their division races... so if K.C. is up +4 wins on us, that's 4 more wins than their real-life outcome.

Tournament III Results

The results are on my other computer, which is currently having battery issues, I do know that the 1909 Detroit Tigers won the entire thing, I can't recall off the top of my head against who... but I will have more information on those results when the time comes.

I do know that the 1909 Detroit Tigers join the 1927 New York Yankees & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates as champions of my prior 64-game tournaments.

I will have more on other projects in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...