Tuesday, February 21, 2023

AGBA Update - A Brief Project Recap while Closing in on the All-Star Break


The AGBA Season is closing in on the long-awaited All-Star Break, although I am not sure how I am going to go about the All-Star Game itself, or if there will even be one. All-Stars will definitely be announced regardless. The reason is because AGBA (APBA Galaxy Baseball Association) consists of 3 leagues (compared to your usual two), with each league consisting of two divisions of 6 teams each. What I do know, is that I do know how the postseason will go about its routine, although that will be truly interesting as well.
I have played the first 26 games for each of the 36 teams, rolling with dice. That's 468 games since I started rolling in late October 2020. There was two stretches that I knocked out like 90 games in a 35-40 day stretch, and then there's a stretch where I didn't roll a single game in 6+ months. I have gone about it on my own pace, and have really grown to know the 36 teams inside-and-out.

Things have stepped up of late, in which I decided to play Game #27-through-Game #72 for each team using APBA's Baseball Windows. I am still playing each game on BBW, but as you know it's much faster than rolling and it will also help stat-keeping go by much, much quicker. I have already played Games 27-30, and before I break down who's who, let me take you back through the concept briefly.

So a quick recap of the starting point.

This is AGBA Season I, and in each season the season will finish with the Galaxy Series, which will be labeled like Super Bowl, so naturally the first season's final climax will happen during Galaxy Series I. Why am I doing it that way? I can't really label a year to it because I am playing with three different season sets of APBA cards.

Each set will consists of seasons that are 25 years apart. AGBA Season I -- consists of players from the 1968, 1993 and 2018 MLB Seasons. Next season it will be 1969, 1994 & 2019. Each teams consists of 30 players, but they can only have 10 players from each era, meaning there will only be 10 players from 1968, 10 players from 1993, and 10 players from 2018 on each roster. Franchises also have to deal with a salary system based on a player's production from that individual season. I use a salary system that is used on a simulation baseball site. Using that site, I can also see where that player's salaries in upcoming seasons could force decisions in AGBA franchise decision making. A breakout player could force a team's decision in which you may have to cut an older vet. Each franchise will have to make decisions each season and during the seasons because of the salary system in place. 

To get a better idea, please check out my more in-depth posts..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...