Wednesday, May 27, 2020

All the Right Moves

The Coronavirus Pandemic has altered our lives in many ways, and has interfered with the things that we loved to do, while effecting the things that we take for granted in everyday life.

The virus has no boundaries, and neither does the ripple effect have any boundaries, preventing us from going to summer activities such as fairs, concerts, festivals, beaches, sporting events... you name it! 

So it came as no surprise when my friend Ron Emch came out with an announcement that the Glass City APBA Baseball Tournament was cancelled for 2020. When I heard the news, I was relieved, I wanted to go so badly but I did not want to put my wife and travel companion to the event at risk. It was weighing on my mind, especially when we are expecting a second wave of the virus this fall, and the tournament happens just prior to Labor Day weekend.

Ron's announcement came weeks after the announcement of the cancellation of the 2020 Chicagoland APBA Baseball Tournament -- Cancelled by my friend Rob Spatz. These are two of the good guys in the APBA Baseball community, and it came as no surprise that these guys would look out for our health over fun & games. I completely back their decisions, while backing the decisions of all the other tournament cancellations around the country. Rob's decision was also documented in Chicago's Daily Herald, which is a good read by the way.

The article was shared on the APBA Facebook Group, which caught the attention of two childish grown men who wanted to take shots at my friend, Rob. This was not the first time these two took shots at him, and other people in the group. That problem then was dealt swiftly by our friend, Pastor Rich Zawadzki, who booted them out of the group.

This type of behavior is not to be tolerated in the group ever, especially during a time such as this. This is a time when we should have each other's backs, not a time for people to make horrible remarks. My brother Rob has a heart of gold, and the fact that these idiots had nothing better to do, makes me sick, to be honest.

All these decisions by my friends proved to be the right moves, and I pray that all of you make the right moves when it comes to dealing with this pandemic. The threat of the virus is very real, while practicing your faiths, please put more faith into the doctors and scientists who happen to know what they are talking about. Keep your loved ones safe, while practicing proper social distancing measures.

Use common sense blended with love, and we can do no wrong.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...