Friday, June 5, 2020

Against the Ropes

I'm sure I am not the only one of late, that feels like he's a boxer that got his head bashed in by another boxer, barely standing on my two feet, leaning against the ropes.

Racial tensions are high, the country is fractured, and we are still in the middle of a pandemic.

I'm sorry it's been awhile since I have posted, but I do have some material on the way.

I am still working on the Brothers In Dice: 1978 MLB Replay with my brother Chris, while we are in mid-June for that replay. I have also been working on my new APBA project named AGBA, which I will explain soon enough.

My friend and former roommate at Ft.Gordon, John Lokka surprised me with a gift, by giving me a year subscription to the Society American Baseball Research. I can't thank him enough for believing in my writing, and for his friendship. We reunited after 20 years during a baseball game, last May, between the Detroit Tigers and Oakland Athletics at Comerica Park. He also found himself a wonderful girl in Katie, in which they will be marrying sometime soon, in which they are still trying to figure out what to do with all the Coronavirus restrictions and such.

The UAL Draft is coming up next month, but to be honest at the moment I am on the ropes if I want to do a season this fall. If you remember right, the UAL, is a mail-in league of 26 or 28 team league of owners all around the country. With there not likely being a 2020 MLB season, it means at some point the league will have to take a year off. It would be kind of nice, if we just do the draft, and take this fall/winter off (the time period we play seasons) in anticipation for a likely second wave of the virus this fall/winter, not to mention the election, Christmas, in which will likely be difficult to navigate through as it is.

I feel like lately the blog has not shown off my best stuff, and I'm hoping to be rolling again here shortly, plus while writing for the SABR as well.

Let's all keep our heads up, and keep rolling plenty of 66's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...