Thursday, July 16, 2020

Fighting Tigers' Early Picks from 2020 UAL Draft

The Traverse City Fighting Tigers played better at the wrong time to really knock itself out of the top three picks, but still had the 6th overall pick, and 6th pick in each round, plus two additional 2nd Round picks and one 5th Rd pick. There's a total of 9 rounds in the draft.

The Fighting Tigers landed the following...

  • SS- Bo Bichette (TOR) - 6th overall, 1st Rd
  • SP - Zac Gallen (ARZ) - 30th overall, 2nd Rd
  • OF- Nick Senzel (CIN) - 31st overall, 2nd Rd
  • RP- Nick Anderson (TB) - 41st overall, 2nd Rd
  • 3B/1B - Yandy Diaz (TB) - 55th overall, 3rd Rd
  • SP - Josh James (HOU) - 79th overall, 4th Rd
I needed a backup catcher who can fill in for at least 48 games, I almost drafted Austin Nola (C/3B/UT) instead of Diaz, and thought if he was picked that I could pick someone like a Jacob Stallings, but both were gone by the time I drafted Josh James.

A team offered me C-Russell Martin for one of my 5th round picks, so I made the trade in desperation of really needing a backup catcher, and the fact that my options in the draft were dropping off quickly.

Normally, I wouldn't trade a higher pick like a 5th round on Martin, probably more like a 7th round or lower pick, but I can't complain with the draft that I am already having.

Last season, I feel we landed the biggest steal in the draft by drafting starting pitcher Jack Flaherty 16th overall, and I am confident that I may have pulled another late diamond in Zac Gallen at 30th overall... Never would I have imagined getting either that late in either draft.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...