Monday, August 3, 2020

Three-Part Culmination Series to Come


The upcoming three-part Culmination series is a group of the hardest pieces I have ever had to write. It's about my life with APBA Baseball, my Boys of Summer blog, the community and the friends that I have gained and lost through the years. The articles will be about the memories along the way, and all the heart, time & dedication that went into every single bit of it. The articles will be daring, raw & full of emotions, in which I had to dig deep, get things off my chest, regardless of the price.
I never cared for the APBA prestige, never cared for the APBA Hall of Fame. All I ever cared for was the APBA universe as a whole, and the people inside of it. It was a place that I could escape to, to get away from the ugly aspects of everyday life. Other people may be hungry for the accolades, I am not. These two disparities and the sad truth that even the darkness from outside of APBA has a tendency to invade what I once called my sanctuary.

A year ago from today, my wife starting getting sick with bronchitis to start off the month of August. We would come to find out she had a cancerous tumor that had to be removed. So much has happened since in the past year for everyone, and for many of us this year is uncharacteristically different from others, which means that people may uncharacteristically act or react to a whole great ordeal of things that come their way.

In the end, we are all human, and we all make mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...