|Charlotte takes Denholm 1st Overall.|
We decided to draft starting pitcher 18 year-old Trenton Denholm out of Oak Ridge High School (Stockton, California)...
He is not made-up, he's a real person, that's the amazing thing about Out of the Park Baseball, it's light years ahead of the crap that you would get with MLB The Show (Playstation), where there is just the 40-man roster, and then a bunch of made-up players to fill the remainder of the farm at only two levels.
Denholm projects to be a top-of-the rotation starter, with plus stuff that projects to a lot of strikeouts, with 91-93 mph fastball which he can spot it where he wants it. He also has great personality makeup in which he is quietly goes about business on & off the field, which was all music to my ears.
The Oklahoma City Barons took RF-Seth Beer (21 years old) out of Clemson University. Beer is the type of player to build a franchise around, with tons of power, while showing the ability to work counts. His fielding and contact could need some improving, but the sky should be the limit when it comes to his power.
|Seth Beer will be playing for Oklahoma City organization.|
The San Diego Padres drafted SS-Royce Lewis at 3rd overall (Atlanta failed to sign him after the 2017 MLB Draft)... In real-life he was drafted 1st Overall (2017) by the Minnesota Twins.
The remainder of the 1st Round went as follows....
- Pick 4 - SS- Nick Allen (Athletics)
- Pick 5 - 1B- Keston Hiura (White Sox)
- Pick 6 - CF- Cole Brannen (Braves)
- Pick 7 - P- Kumar Rocker (Royals)
- Pick 8 - LF- Calvin Mitchell (Diamondbacks)
- Pick 9 - RF - Jarred Kelenic (Braves)
- Pick 10 - RF - Ruben Cardenas (Cardinals)
- Pick 11 - P- Grayson Rodriguez (Angels)
- Pick 12 - P - Jonathan Hughes (Rangers)
- Pick 13 - P - Levi Kelly (Pirates)
- Pick 14 - P - Cole Sands (Twins)
- Pick 15 - P - Cole McKay (Marlins)
- Pick 16 - 3B- Brendan Donovan (Orioles)
- Pick 17 - P- Jordan O'Dell (Expos)
- Pick 18 - SS- Ricardo De La Torre (Diamondbacks)
- Pick 19 - P - Trey Cumbie (Yankees)
- Pick 20 - P - Brady Singer (Giants)
- Pick 21 - SS - Shane Benes (Reds)
- Pick 22 - P - Randy Abisher (Blue Jays)
- Pick 23 - 2B - Alec Sanchez (Rockies)
- Pick 24 - P - Colton Eastman (Mariners)
- Pick 25 - SS - Michael Perez (Astros)
- Pick 26 - P - Joe Perez (Indians)
Supplemental (Round 1)
- Pick 27 - CF - Tristan Pompey (Expos)
- Pick 28 - SS - Kendall Simmons (Astros)
- Pick 29 - SS - Jordan Groshans (Yankees)
- Pick 30 - P - Jordan Pearce (Giants)
- Pick 31 - 3B - Hunter Watson (Rockies)
- Pick 32 - 2B - Tim Borden (Red Sox)
- Pick 33 - P - Jared Padgett (Dodgers)
- Pick 34 - RF - Jackson Lueck (Cubs)
- Pick 35 - C - Chris Troye (Yankees)
- Pick 36 - RF - Jimmy Herron (Diamondbacks)
- Pick 37 - P - Keaton McKinney (Pirates)
- Pick 38 - C - Chris Cullen (Rockies)
- Pick 39 - P - Trevor Stephan (Indians)
- Pick 40 - C - Elih Marrero (Cubs)