Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Crafted APBA Cathedrals

The Reds' Crosley Field 
Before you dive into all of these wonderful pictures of custom-made stadiums, do know this, I do not know any of these people or know how to make or purchase these stadiums. I always hear a name from time to time in George Adams (I believe that's the name, right?) -- but have as much knowledge as you guys do on how to acquire or do any of these stadiums.

I do know about this video out there, this cool video & stadium by our fellow APBA Facebook Group member Kenn Tomasch, click on the link below



Now here is some of the other ballpark pics...
Back-side of Crosley Field.
Love the right field wall -- It's a reverse dimension Fenway!

Usinger's Park

A nice little STRAT nook setup in left-top corner, the Yogi Berra card is a nice touch.

A nice wooden stadium, like the big giant wall out in right with all the logos.
I'm thinking the original Expos stadium from expansion year (Expos logo on 3rd base dugout).

I got more to come... trying to place more pictures, but this post does not want to behave!

3 comments:

  1. To be fair, my Al Lopez Field bears no resemblance to the original, nor was it intended to. Tampa is just my hometown. My APBA league team is the Tampa Tarpons and I just named my (third) ballpark after the one I went to growing up. (The original had very large dimensions.) My first effort was just a couple of walls and a felt and foam surface, and my second was a Polo Grounds-ish construction. This one I quite like, though. Thanks formhe shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got one I could share a photo of.
    I purchased a collection in 2003, and eventually had one version of every season put out by apba, had to sell it off after an accident, but I do still have the stadium
    Let me know

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...