The "APBA Tournament of Champions" consists of the 60 teams from the APBA's "Greatest Teams of the Past" Volumes 1-3, plus three teams I've ordered separately from APBA (1937 New York Giants, 1944 St. Louis Browns & the 1971 San Francisco Giants), and the 2008 Tampa Bay Rays* from my 2008 Season set.
- Click here for more information on the set-up for the tournament.
- Click on any of the articles below in each bracket to get articles and highlights of the tournament.
- Ruth Bracket Preview (Part 1 / Revised)
- Ruth Bracket Preview (Part 2)
- 1927 N.Y. Yankees (A) vs. 1944 St. Louis Browns (A)
- 1904 N.Y. Giants (N) vs. 1962 Los Angeles Dodgers (N)
- Cobb Bracket Preview (Part 1)
- Cobb Bracket Preview (Part 2)
- 1953 N.Y. Yankees (A) vs. 1971 Oakland A's (A)
- Wagner Bracket Preview (Part 1)
- Wagner Bracket Preview (Part 2)
- 1985 Toronto Blue Jays (A) vs. 1993 S.F. Giants (N)
- Detroit's Demise (1984 Tigers Upset by 1980 Royals)
- Aaron Bracket Preview (Part 1)
- Aaron Bracket Preview (Part 2)
- 2002 Anaheim Angels (A) vs 1985 St. Louis Cardinals (N)
- 1929 Chicago Cubs (N) defeated 1968 Detroit Tigers (A), 3-1
* The Tampa Bay Rays were originally supposed to be in the tournament, as the years have gone by, I broken up the team for another project, forgetting about their involvement in this tournament. The Rays were slated to face the #1 seed 1969 Baltimore Orioles... News to come on their replacement.