Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wolverine Watch #2: Off and Running!

So before I entered my first game against my first opponent, I realized that we have no DH's, and the pitchers bat, so now I wish I didn't have Ruben Sierra wasting away on  my bench, we'll see if I can fit him in there somewhere.

The owner of my first opponent (Moving on with Power IV) has a career record of 12,852 wins and 10,759 losses, a winning percentage of .544 with 9 League Championships! He is classified as a Hall of Famer.

Game #1 @ home

Oh by the way, my home ballpark is Comerica Park. I've built my team with defense and key hitting with Cobb and Gwynn being a one-two punch of a combined 20 batting titles!

Verlander would go head to head with HOF'er Addie Joss of the Indians, to get rocked allowing 6 runs, 4 walks while striking out 4 in 5 innings! We lost 10-6, it was a pretty uneventful day on the most part.

Game #2

Vladimir Guerrero of Moving continues to be a nuisance, while going 3-for-5, HR & 3 RBI (giving him 7 ribbies in the first two games.

My team would be down 6-1 after 5 innings, yet they would come back and score 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th, 2 runs in the 9th, allowing for Ty Cobb to deliver the walk-off winner with a single to left field -- scoring in Gary DiSarcina!


Usually in this situation in which a player gets a walk-off win, the hero gets mobbed by his players. But in this case, it brings a bit of curiosity when it comes to Cobb's everyday demeanor. Do you dare mob the always-serious Ty Cobb with celebration, even if he is your teammate?

Chances are Cobb would shout at his teammates - "Get the hell of me, you (frickin') fools!"


Cobb would go 13-for-17 during his first 3 games, scoring 8 times, driving in 5 runs, while stealing 6 bases!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...