Friday, September 2, 2016

1982 NXPL Showdown: Tigers vs Cardinals


My 1982 Detroit Tigers are World Series bound -- We will be playing the Cardinals soon. The league is called the NXPL (No Expansion Professional League), with 20 total teams (10 in A.L. / 10 in N.L.) -- League Pennant Winners only advance like old days, it's been a fun league (BBW) to be part of, with 20 different owners (including myself).


Lance Parrish was my team MVP, batting .295 with 34 HR & 100 RBI, slowed down a bit the second-half while Ben Oglivie and Jason Thompson improved as the season went on.

















My big 3 in pitching (actually I should say 4, giving Jerry Udjar's one-year wonder season some props, plus he pitched a no-no) -- Mario Soto, Joaquin Andujar & Dan Petry have had solid seasons.

Cardinals stats below....


This is a keepers league, and we'll have Tom Seaver bouncing back in 1983 -- this staff will be solid for a few years at least until 1986 or so, with Walt Terrell coming on as 5th starter.







Here are the stats, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...