Monday, March 4, 2019

A Trio of Yankees

Andy Pettitte / 1996 - Historical All-Star (Rating 77)

In my last Out of the Park 19 post, I mentioned 'Perfect Team'. My team, the Traverse City Fighting Tigers (same name as my APBA UAL League team) started off slowly out of the gates at 7-20, since then we had gone 39-29 (.573), which means of late we are playing like a 93-win team. We were within a win from reaching .500 at 46-47, but finished the 1st half of the season at 46-49, while we are no longer in last place.

By the way, by the time you read this post, I will be in the middle of my 3rd season of the same or a new league.

Entering July, we climbed up to #13 on the league's power rankings, this shows how much we have improved from our lousy start,

This has a lot to do with finding ways to make the lineup work.

At the beginning my lineup looked something like this...


At the end of June, it evolved to this...



Torii Hunter and Don Mattingly were named All-Stars, while Jeff McNeil cooled off, and fell out of his All-Star picture, he was 4th in the league in batting at one point with a .341 batting average, but is now batting about .303 the last I checked.

While the rotation started out as Stephen Strasburg, Hunter Greene, Carl Mays, Alec Mills, and Harry Kelley. It later had Lance McCullers Jr taking Greene's spot after an auction. I recently purchased Andy Pettitte for the rotation in my last post. Since then I added Charlie Morton & David Cone.

Charlie Morton / Live - 2018 MLB (Rating 79)



The rotation now is Stephen Strasburg (Diamond 90), Lance McCullers Jr (Gold 83), Andy Pettitte (Silver 77), Charlie Morton (Silver 79) & David Cone (Bronze 68) -- To put the improvement in perspective, my bottom 3 starters used to be in the low Bronze 60's. Cone, I got for only 40 perfect points, while I purchased Morton for 310 perfect points.

David Cone / 1999 - Historical All-Star (Rating 68)



Now the lineup gets yet another strong addition in Paul O'Neill (500 perfect points), I was getting close to a 1,000 perfect points (830), but felt I will get there quickly with the addition of these 3 New York Yankees...

Paul O'Neill / 1998 - Historical All-Star (Rating 77)



To be a champion, you should at least pluck some champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...