Saturday, July 15, 2023

Where Were We?

 It's safe to say that it's been awhile since I last posted. Lots going on in Becky and I's personal life, while we have been very busy at home and work life as well. We are literally scraping by, I honestly can't really get into what's been going on with us, until we actually find out answers ourselves.

Last time I posted, we just got back from the Greater Michigan tourney in Jackson, and almost immediately we had one thing after another come up on us. When we do get a break from things, we spend our time at home with our three strange, cats that keep us entertained. 

We found out that our youngest cat, Athena (about 9 months old) apparently loves watching 'Murder She Wrote' with us. She was literally on the edge of her cat tower watching one of the episodes. My wife has been on MSW kick, and now we both watch it together while its dinner time... I guess when you are in your late 40's you have to start doing old people stuff like watching Angela Lansbury in action.

My niece turns ONE on August 22nd, and my sister and her husband Morgan will be up from Philadelphia visiting in Northern Michigan in late August to celebrate little Vivian's birthday. My niece's birthday is August 22nd, My sister's birthday is August 26th, and my mom's birthday is the 29th of August... I know they couldn't have planned that any better.

My hobbies of late are the following...

  •  APBA (as if that's any surprise whatsoever).
  • Creating my own Baseball replay game.
  • Playing the DK Sports Basketball (Action PC) game, which is used for my UBL Basketball League.
  • Printing and cutting out all the cards for the Status Pro Basketball game, that I plan to learn to play.
  • Creating Custom-made Basketball cards of players from my UBL Basketball League. 
  • Listening to my Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo, The Ringer podcasts. 
  • My brother Chris and I, joining our father and his friends' APBA League... Yeah, my dad started playing again, and he's enjoying it again (Yay!)
  • Chris and I, starting our own 20-team APBA League, which we plan to do a Inaugural Draft starting with 1980 and then next year, 1981... More to come on that, we are still in the rough draft stages of the creation.
  • Creating compilation album covers for my Spotify playlists... yes, you read that correctly.

Like I mentioned above, we are just scraping by, so that is the major reason among other reasons, that we unfortunately can't make it to the Glass City APBA Baseball Tournament. My friend, it's wonderful host Ron Emch won't be there, as him and his wife will be celebrating 50 years of marriage... Congratulations on 50 years, wow! No fear though, the tournament will be in good hands, as it will be hosted by father and son, Norm and Michael Zavela. The theme is non-playoff teams between the years, 1990-to current, I believe (but no 2020 season). 

If I had went, I would have played my 2007 Detroit Tigers, which didn't have much pitching but had an excellent lineup with the top bats being Curtis Granderson, Placido Polanco, and Magglio Ordonez. In my 2007 Detroit Tigers Season Replay, all three each had over 200 hits. 

I will go more in-depth with the hobbies listed above in future posts. 

Hope all is well for everyone else, plenty of Sixty-Sixes to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...