Friday, March 29, 2013

Random Thoughts on Baseball


Is Mr. Met reaching for a knife?!
  • Hack Wilson, that walking keg, was a centerfielder? He looks more like a Leftfielder at best, I'm still amazed that someone didn't just place him at first base -- he's built like one, heck what am I saying? He's built like a tank!
  • Does anyone know what U.L. stands for in U.L. Washington's name? No, seriously? Even Baseball Reference.com simply has it as U.L. -- Is it like L.L. Cool J (Ladies Love Cool James)? Is it possibly Universe Loves Washington? Hmmm... Maybe we'll never know.
  • Window shopping on E-Bay, when I spotted that someone posted the "1968 Amazing Mets, only for $32 (Free Shipping)" --- I don't know about you, but I felt the 1969 Mets were pretty amazing too (wink!). Not sure if this is the same guy who posted the American League Brooklyn Dodgers for sale as well. Plus $32 for one team, I don't care what team it is, not worth it, when I can buy an entire season or GTOP or something more cool with that much dough!
  • Every time you see Mr.Met, don't you get the vibe he's hiding something? I do, I think there's something behind that crazy smile on his face -- I feel like he might be the Dexter of mascots, and that maybe he randomly kills off Mets fans that stop believing.
  • Word to the wise, never combine your love for APBA Baseball and your love for Chocolate-covered Raspberry-filled Doughnuts -- I'll put it this way, poor Scott Brosius & Tino Martinez of the 98' Yankees got a little Raspberry on their uniforms! Plus all I can think about is Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) from the movie Spaceballs, saying "There's only one man who would dare give me the Raspberry: Lone Starr!"
Rick Moranis' Dark Helmet of Spaceballs -- hates Raspberry!

Well those are a few random thoughts for now, that's what I love about baseball, there is always something to comment on -- and things that I have often thought about. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shawn,
    According to Wikipedia,

    "The U and L do not stand for anything; his legal first name is indeed "U L"."

    Weird.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...