Sunday, March 22, 2015

Action in Gotham City

When it comes to Fantasy Baseball, you can usually count me out! But when one of my best friends from high school, one that I haven't talked to much in the last 20 years, messages me out of the blue and asked me to join fantasy baseball league (along with other friends from school), I didn't hesitate, you can count me in!

Overall, I feel it's really nothing but luck in Fantasy Baseball, and you don't get the thrill as in APBA Baseball doing the General Manager aspect & managing a team. I never played the version that we are doing, we are doing match-ups against each other and how are players do that day, is who wins the match-up -- the versions I have done in the past, is the ones that how all your players do & where they rank in 6 (or was it 10?) categories, for example if you were first in batting average in a league of 12 teams, you have 12 points etc, etc.

I decided to represent my love for Batman & Batman comics, by going by the name of the Gotham City Rogues, which happened to be the same name of the football team in "The Dark Knight Rises" -- think Hines Ward running a kickoff back while the football field is crumbling behind him, all thanks to Bane's cronies.

I decided to wing it when preparing for the draft, no studying whatsoever before the draft, I feel I did pretty good actually, it also helped that a few people in the league did not make it & were auto-picked by the computer.

Here is my team below...

C - Devin Mesoraco (CIN)
1B - Freddie Freeman (ATL)
2B - Anthony Rendon (WAS)
SS - Alexei Ramirez (CWS)
3B - Todd Frazier (CIN)
2B/SS - Erick Aybar (LAA)
1B/3B-Adrian Gonzalez (LAD)
OF - Andrew McCutchen (PIT)
OF - Starling Marte (PIT)
OF - Marcell Ozuna (MIA)
OF - Gregory Polanco (PIT)
OF - Rusney Castillo (BOS)
UTIL - Yan Gomes (CLE)
SP - Max Scherzer (WAS)
RP - Craig Kimbrel (ATL)
SP - Alex Cobb (TB)
SP - James Shields (SD)
SP - Gio Gonzalez (WAS)
SP - Homer Bailey (CIN)
SP - Chris Archer (TB)
RP - Glen Perkins (MIN)
SP - Yordana Ventura (KC)

Bench
OF - Shin-Soo Choo (TEX)
SP - Jose Fernandez (MIA)
RP - Wade Davis (KC)

I took Andrew McCutchen, 3rd overall, I'm actually surprised I didn't take Miguel Cabrera, who I feel will have his best season since 2012, his Triple Crown year -- once he gets rolling of course, may be a bit slow out of the gate.

Now it wasn't my intention to draft the entire starting outfield for the Pittsburgh Pirates, it just worked out that way. Speaking of Pittsburgh (plus the fact he's a huge Pirates fan), on a sad note a shout-out to my APBA brother Ken Schultz who is going through a horrible ordeal right now, as his mother just passed away -- please everyone, keep my friend & his family in your thoughts.

We are thinking of you, Ken!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...