Saturday, August 1, 2015

Good Summer to Cut Cable

The Price was Right: Tigers land Daniel Norris & few prospects for David Price.
Before the trades have gone down the last few days, I have to say that I have been surprised by the numerous Tigers fans that STILL think we have a shot at the playoffs -- C'mon guys, it's just one of those seasons -- I'm glad to see Dave Dombrowski, selling on this season, the Tigers were not going to resign David Price; which meant if we did not trade him, we would have got nothing.

Fortunate for me, I have not had to watch this season with the wife & I saving up for a new move & place, and we cut our cable. So I am saving myself from watching the Tigers' troubles. We just didn't think it was worth having cable TV, we got our internet, so I can checkout highlights on ESPN, I have Bleacher Report & Baseball America sending me emails on latest baseball news, I have my APBA Facebook family -- Plus me & the wife have our Netflix; Which by the way, I have been re-watching The Walking Dead from the beginning again, while reading the Graphic Novel of Walking Dead as well -- I truly encourage anyone that's a fan of the show, to DEFINITELY check out the Graphic Novel, I think I may be enjoying it more than the show actually, truly gripping.

Anyways...

Like I was saying we picked the best summer to cut our cable. I knew I should have picked the Kansas City Royals to win the division, I thought the moves the Tigers made would work out, not so much & the reason I picked Tigers, is well, they won the last four straight division titles, so I figured until proven otherwise, pick them to win. Now I'm going with K.C. not only to win the division as I now predicted in my mid-season report -- I am picking them to win it all, and this was predicted before the additions of Johnny Cueto & Ben Zobrist.

I think the Blue Jays could make a run at the New York Yankees' division lead, and will make the playoffs with Troy Tulowitzki & David Price now on board.

I believe the Houston Astros and Kansas City Royals would make an excellent American League Championship Series. The Astros added Scott Kazmir & Carlos Gomez.
My custom-made Rick Grimes (1987 Topps).

I do like the pieces the Tigers got for Price, Yoenis Cespedes & Joakim Soria. It's a start, I hope that we continue to produce on the farm, since we are pretty much dead-last in farm system area in the MLB. We have traded so many pieces through the years, I knew when Boston knocked us out in 2013, at that moment, it was pretty much the end of shot at the World Series. Entering the 2014 post-season, I knew we would not get far, the wife known it all year. Heck, let's be honest, the walkers on Walking Dead have shown more life than the Tigers.

I do think we are retooling, and not rebuilding though -- We can look at it in the same way after our 2009 collapse to Minnesota, in which that off-season afterwards & through Spring 2011 that we retooled many pieces for new pieces that would make good runs in 2011-2013.

This summer, the wife and I have not been able to get out of the house -- due to being short on funds, plus it has been miserably hot for almost a month & half straight, been a good few years since we have had a summer like this. The odd thing is, we have not had any thunderstorms, always get warnings of a possibilities, but nothing ever happens. Our A/C has been running quite often, so yeah... we are not looking forward to our electric bill.

Back to the 2013 Tigers, I really thought 2013 was going to be the year, damn you Big Papi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...