Thursday, June 9, 2016

All in Good Time


So many APBA projects, so little time...

I keep telling myself, all in good time, but there is never enough time. I of course, would get some wild idea and then run with it, I stretch myself thin, thinking I will find time for this, one way or another, hahaha

Hey... I can humor myself, right?!

I have amazing friends and family that have hooked me up recently with some really cool APBA sets, with the 1981, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2014 APBA sets -- All thanks to Robert Breher (my Uncle Bob), Kenneth Heard & Brad Stark.

We usually all look out for each other in this great APBA community, and we also have some creative APBA members as well. We have guys who do Presidential themed Tournaments (Joel Pike) with some clever photoshopping (Nixon playing APBA in the Oval Office). Some guys do their big single-elimination (sometimes double-elimination) tournaments like my friend Rich Zawadzki; Rich by the way has great knowledge on APBA cards when it comes to 'Monster Cards' and pitching grades. My friend Dan Velderrain does a annual March Madness team, and then prepares his SABL team, the Saddleback Sharks, by playing "Spring Training" games against the past 20 World Series winners -- I now do an annual tournament in April, the "Amazing April Tournament".

My 2001 Oakland Athletic cards.
We have guys, like my friend Howie Mooney (envelopes & logos), he has made his own cards as well, which have inspired myself of recent to make as well; Pike also does the envelopes as well.

By the way, all of these guys are my friends, like I said before we are one big happy APBA family.

I have recently acquired the 2009-2011 sets, so I decided to do a best of 2009-2011 season, taking the best players from those franchises at the time, using their best cards.

The 1894 Baltimore Orioles
On the card making front I have got clever, and have had a blast with this project, not only did I make team sets of the 1990 Reds, 1993 Braves, 2001 Athletics, 2001 Diamondbacks & 2004 Boston Red Sox -- I decided to go old-school and make a 1894 Baltimore Orioles team. I have also been working on Team Japan cards for Japanese players, a 'Rated Rookies' (best APBA rookie cards) and Leyland's Tigers (Jim Leyland's best players during his period as Tigers manager from 2006-2013).

More cards...
I even made cards of old school players King Kelly and Cap Anson, while doing APBA cards of fictional players of the movie "Major League" in Ricky Vaughn and Willie Mays Hayes.

"Duh! Winning" 
More to come on these interesting projects, there is no limits, and I create them out of fun, and I want to make it clear that I do not sell any of these... just good ol' creative fun at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...