I have announced recently on the APBA Blog that I will be conducting a one-shot, one-time APBA Baseball Tournament event, slated for Summer 2020 --
"The Cherry APBA Baseball Roll-Away by the Bay"
(Although the event page says June 22-27th of 2020 -- there is no official date on the event as of yet)
Designed to be a week event of tourist stuff, that includes the family as well -- so now there will be no need to rush into town and exit quickly, I want this to be the summer camp of APBA Baseball fun.
Quick teaser shout-out of the event:
- Leading up to the tournament itself & for those that desire to see this beautiful area, it will be a week of touring the beautiful area of Grand Traverse Bay and Leelanau County -- The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park Lakeshore, Empire, Glen Arbor area, plus beautiful downtown Traverse City.
- All contestants will get a T-Shirt.
- The event itself will likely be at the state campground in Traverse City, which has tons of shade, and has a walk-over bridge over Munson Avenue, so that kids & their moms can cross over to the beach, while the guys roll on tournament day [Plan to have a huge tarp cover or a few mega tents in case of rain].
- The event will be video-taped by possibly numerous people, plus plenty of the tourist stuff as well; All the footage will be accumulated into a APBA Baseball movie about the sport, and in an attempt to help spread & promote this wonderful game.
- Over the next four years, there will be plenty of videos and pictures to show off this beautiful area.
- Details of the tournament itself will be due in good time. Planner may not play a team, due to all the desired video-taping, running the event effectively & just looking to be in great company.
I have already done invites from the event page on Facebook, so make sure you check your Facebook for invites, especially if you are Facebook Friends & Friends of mine.