Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Nelshoppen for APBA Hall of Fame

Nelshoppen (left) and myself at the Chicagoland APBA Tournament (Summer 2016). 


I feel we need to seriously stop overlooking Thomas Nelshoppen (above left), year-after-year, the fact that he's not in the APBA Hall of Fame is a true crime & shame in the APBA community.
His blog, the APBA Blog has been with the up-and-up with everything APBA from leagues forming, cards, excellent discussions of the game itself & the formulas that go into the game. He keeps us up on up-coming tourneys and knows all the important people involved in the game, info on the company itself.
His blog has also inspired bloggers such as myself (The Boys of Summer) while he has contributed more to the game of APBA than quite a few of those names that are already in the APBA Hall of Fame, for example such as two former Presidents that happened to play the game or people simply winning tournaments. I won a tournament, but I would feel really silly accepting a plaque before someone more deserving than Mr. Nelshoppen... that's just me, and these are my personal opinions (with no intent to offend the ones that are in). My point is that the game goes deeper than just playing the game. I'm a passionate person, writer, and APBA roller, I just feel really strong about this subject, and will be willing to file a more-in-depth nomination email to the company on why he should be in. His lifelong contributions to the APBA community are quite impressive, it's time to get him in.
I know I am not the only one that feels this way in the APBA community & would love to see APBA Baseball honor this stand-up guy in our APBA community.

P.S.- By the way, I do think its really cool that former Presidents have enjoyed APBA & I also enjoy hearing about former ballplayers playing this great game as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shawn!

    thanks so much for all of the great stuff you said about me. I really do appreciate it!

    I do the blog more for the fans of the game (and new ones, too!) than any recognition. The APBA HOF is a great thing and we have some fantastic people in it.
    For now, I'm happy to be on the sidelines.

    thanks again!!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...