Friday, July 5, 2019

3 Weeks Later



I have been very busy of late, but things are finally starting to slow down. It was probably the first time in a long time (or first time ever), that I only put out two posts for a single month. I still have many of the posts that I plan to do, as mentioned in my June 7th post.

I have not rolled any games via APBA in some time, I actually had a great jump start on the 1978 A.L. Replay, in which I got so far ahead that I was using a Microsoft Word file as a write-up queue. I was trying not to get ahead of my brother Chris on the National League side of the 78' MLB Replay. Now I only have a few write-ups in the queue, while he has passed me on games played, while he is almost two days ahead of me. It should be noted that the National League have two fewer teams, and that will mean less games overall for him to play.

My pace has slowed down incredibly from the rate I was playing at. As noted in my May 9th post (1978 Brothers In Dice: Out of the Gate), I rolled 47 games, including write-ups and stat-keeping between Easter (4/20) and May 9th. I have since rolled 41 games, have all the stats caught up, while needing to write about 5 write-ups. I have probably not rolled any games in almost three weeks, as well as not writing any blog pieces in that time as well.

The reason was the wear-and-tear of regular life, working 6 day weeks (which just got cut back down to 5 day weeks).

Also the fact that summer is starting to feel like summer, which means going out with the wife a little more to take advantage of the weather.

I have not been able to do anything with my Boys of Summer APBA Baseball League site (Wix site) since the season basically started, while just going through the motions by sending out C-Files and receiving F-Files -- without any special write-ups or sprucing up the league. I really hit the wall with that league, and had the commissioner keys dropped back into my lap, with no time on my hands.

Plenty to come, but it definitely should not be another three weeks until you hear from me again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...