Wednesday, February 25, 2015

12 Seconds of Glory

Alex Cobb of the Panthers.
So a few weeks ago, we had a no-hitter take place for Jordan Zimmerman of the Buffalo Yankees, no-hitting the Boston Bravos (their second time to be no-hit during the season). Zimmermann's no-hitter took place on July 8th, 2014.

Then two weeks later to the day, on the 22nd, Travis Wood for the Hannibal Cavemen was pitching a no-hitter against the San Diego Heroes. He was 8 innings & 2 outs through with a no-no in the works, when the Heroes pinch-hit Erik Kratz for Alex Avila -- Kratz sent a solo HR over the center-field wall, breaking it up.

This past series, I was playing an inter-league series against the tough Fairgrove Tigers, the series was 3-1 in favor of Fairgrove, and I just lost the 5th game of a 6th game series -- in which my team with a 3-2 lead blew the save & the game. Disgusted with my team's performance, I decided to simulate my last game, letting my micro-manager play it out. Turned out to be a 12-second simulation in which my Traverse City Panthers won 12-0, right away the scoreboard reflected 0 0 0 for the Fairgrove Tigers on the scoreboard under R H E -- A no-hitter was made, our league's 5th no-hitter (3rd this season) by Alex Cobb of the Panthers, it wasn't exactly a pretty one with 5 walks, but he accomplished the feat regardless. The no-hitter took place on August 1st, 2014 on our schedule.

So I guess it goes to show, even if you are frustrated with your team, you might want to play it, then again... maybe it would never have happened as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...