Monday, February 23, 2015

Nothing Amazing in April

Babe Ruth & Josh Gibson discussing baseball.
Wait, nothing amazing happens in April?!

Well, no... that's not necessarily true. We have the wonderful game of Major League Baseball back in full scale, while most APBA Baseball leagues are kicking off their individual seasons. The MWBL will be in full-swing & the BoS should be in the playoffs at that point.

There will unfortunately be no "Amazing April Tournament" being conducted by me, this season -- It will return next season (I may do a special October tournament, depending on what's going on at that time).

The reasons are a plenty, I have too much going on these next couple months...

  • The 2015 MWBL Draft (which was just done this past Saturday), not to mention all the preparation & studying that takes up the months leading up to it -- my wife is truly an amazing person for being so understanding, and patient with me. I've mentioned it before with studying the game or preparing for drafts, I will be as determined & motivated that of a Tony Gwynn or Greg Maddux --in the way they always studied video, I truly take it to another level.
  • The Greater Michigan APBA Baseball Tournament on March 7th in Jackson, Michigan. The Tournament will be hosted by my friend, Pastor Rich Zawadzki -- who is no stranger to us on the APBA Facebook Group. It will be a blast, can't wait to see some of the faces & friends that I've already met at Chicagoland -- looking forward to meeting some other Facebook friends in person there in Jackson, along with new faces & new friends to be, at this event. I will also be attending this event with my brother Christopher Baier, which will be a cool experience in its own right.
  • The Boys of Summer APBA Baseball League (BoS) will be conducting the playoffs for our 2nd season, the 2014 BoS Season -- this April. Currently the South Shore Fighting Imps, the defending World Champs, are leading their division. The Fairgrove Tigers have been on a roll & are looking to return to the playoffs, while the Portland Microbrewers (last year's National League Champions) appear by first glance, the team to beat. It should be a fun ride! Then there is the off-season, in which hopefully we are running the 3rd season no later than June!
  • I need to get my 2014 Transactions League wrapped up, in time for the 2015 Transactions League to get started.
  • Than there is the normal blogging on the upcoming 2015 MLB Season, predictions & etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...