Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Stadium Project Underway

Unfinished Overview frontside.
Every once in awhile on the APBA Facebook Group, someone would post their custom-made stadium, and I would say one of these days I'm going to give it a shot, on creating one myself.

The other day was that day...

My first hand at it, is a couple of display boards, plus a thin green poster-board construction paper, and the cardboard backing of one of the wife & I's old posters (that used to have a frame). The cardboard I was keeping for a art project, and when I started brainstorming the other night, I realized that the cardboard could come in handy for a stadium foundation.

Photo from Day One on project
I took the green construction paper and used a exacto knife to make the diamond appear for the field, and I destroyed my APBA box and made it my left-field wall. In right field, I glued the bottom box of the APBA package, and glued it right to the foundation, which helped me use the display board for the center-field wall.

Bottom box in right helped make foundation, probably for future stands.
It's kind of creating itself, one idea would lead to another, it's not exactly how I envisioned it, but it's a good, safe, cheaper way of experimenting on a stadium project for sure.

Backside of the left field wall, outer stadium.
The most expensive element was the exacto knife, which was like $3.99, add two poster boards for $1.99 each, glue that we already had + the construction paper sheet for 99 cents & you have a cheap project for under $10!

Entrance through back, behind center-field.
I plan to add logos from the big leagues and my Boys of Summer APBA Baseball League, with scoreboard, etc etc. I'm thinking white out would make good base lines, and I will eventually add foul poles and a flag pole.

Overview backside.
No official name for the stadium at the moment, for this moment it will be known as the Baier Stadium Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...