Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The Man with 100,000 Hits





I have been very blessed to share my passion through this blog, and am very thankful to all the readers out there. It started out as something small, but blossomed over time, this blog would not have thrived if it was not for all the love and support out there in the APBA Baseball and Baseball world.

This blog brought friends into my life, friends that I have not met in person and friends that I have got to meet by participating in APBA tournaments.

My main goal with the blog was to be an enjoyable outlet for me to share my passion for the game, it really didn't matter if I had just 5 readers, 50 readers or 50,000,000 readers, it was just all for fun. The blog made it possible for me to inspire others, while they have in return inspired me.



On July 28th, my blog had reached 100,000 hits-- This is simply amazing to me, I could not have imagined anything like this when I started out. The blog didn't really get rolling until late Spring 2013, and during the time since its creation, we have seen plenty of FTF APBA Tournaments launched across the country, APBA Facebook adding 2,500 people, while I must have rolled a few thousand games (at least). I have made numerous APBA friends since, while I unfortunately known a few that have passed on. It was such blogs from my friends, Thomas Nelshoppen (The APBA Blog) and Kenneth Heard (Love, Life & APBA Baseball), among others that have inspired me to create the Boys of Summer.



My wife has been a huge influence on my blog as well, she's a writer and blogger, while she has always supported my habit called APBA Baseball (Fellas, she actually finds the dice-rolling sound soothing!)

I knew that it was always special, but it wasn't until I got to the 2013 Chicagoland (Fall) Tournament when 7 of the 24 players or so there, came up to me and mentioned "I love your blog" -- that to me made me hungry to deliver all things APBA Baseball & Baseball related through this blog. It simply is an amazing outlet to share my love for the sport & game.

Thanks to all for making it all possible,
Shawn Baier

(aka Shawn Summers via Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...