Monday, February 17, 2014

Reflecting Back


So I was on Facebook today, and my dad's old trophy was displayed on the APBA Facebook Group, the Dice part of it at least, the original one took a fate with as John Grabb (a league member) put it, a fate met with Mr. Gravity & it has been refurbished since -- I want to say the original had a batter in between the two dice on it.

I definitely have planned on doing a trophy for our Boys of Summer Online APBA Baseball League that I am running as Commissioner. I'm hoping to add dice to the mix when it comes to the trophy, with a sturdy center to it, with the year / owner & team name plated. Each year the winner of the BoS World Championship would hold on to the trophy until the next eventual winner. Each opening day that follows the World Championships of owners, they will be rewarded with a championship plaque.

It's safe to say, I will be looking around at the local trophy shops to get an idea of what I'm thinking about, the cool thing is that I am an artist, and can draw up these ideas as well.

But it was truly amazing to see this trophy displayed on the APBA Facebook Group, and go down Memories Lane, and my earliest APBA memories coming back to life. I mentioned that Robert Breher, Ed Coates & Jeff Laity are like uncles to me, they were always at the house -- John Grabb replied for the league "They were our founding fathers..."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...