Tuesday, April 14, 2015

One Week in the Books

Gone... GONE... A-GONZ! Adrian off to fast start in 15'.

My fantasy baseball team had some big moments in Adrian Gonzalez, a player that one of the league owners tried to acquire from me in exchange for IF-Ben Zobrist & 3B/C-Carlos Santana -- I turned him down & watched Gonzalez belt 5 HR's in the first three games.

We do the points format in which you play one team during an entire week, I was leading the first 3-to-4 days & then watched the other team make a good 40 point swing, then I thought I may catch him with some of my pitchers pitching Sunday. I fell short 316-308, so I am 0-1 after one week.

My team has had to deal with injuries, I drafted Homer Bailey, but released him since he's still on the 15-day DL. I already have hurt players in 2B-Anthony Rendon (WAS), SP-Alex Cobb (TB) & SP-Jose Fernandez (MIA). I released Bailey to acquire OF-Lorenzo Cain to help with my offense.

During the week, I released OF-Rusney Castillo due to him playing in Triple-A, would like to resign him when I know he's about to come back up in case he makes one of those huge impacts Cuban players like to make. I picked up Henderson Alvarez as a starter. Plus 1B/OF-Steve Pearce & 2B-Devon Travis.
Gomes' injury led to tough decision.

Andrew McCutchen & Shin-Soo Choo are also banged up for me, and now in the last couple days, SP-Yordana Ventura is hurting (although he has done well & logged 2 wins) & I lost Yan Gomes for 8 weeks it appears, I fortunately have Devin Mesoraco at catcher as well, but now I may have to make some crucial decisions on possibly releasing Jose Fernandez & Yan Gomes.

I think I will hold Jose Fernandez in the DL slot, and have to let Gomes go. I need to bring another starting pitcher in, short on starters with Fernandez on Fantasy/MLB DL, and Cobb on actual DL. I have Craig Kimbrel & Glen Perkins for relievers at the moment, Kimbrel is not going anywhere, Perkins might be an option.

Signed SP-Collin McHugh (HOU).

It's too bad that Max got a no-decision, came so close to a victory this week. It was a close week for almost everyone as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...