Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Must Have Missed It

Much like Janesville's bats, I must have missed the announcement that Charlie Hough actually pitched a no-hitter for my Traverse City Tigers on August 16th, 1988. I knew he went on to win A.L. Pitcher of the Week, but it was kind of a surprise while going back in my boxscores, and I saw a big wonderful goose-egg sitting in the hits column for Hough. So much belated congrats to the old man on the hill, Mr. Charlie Hough!

That now makes it, two no-hitters for the Tigers' pitching staff this season, the first one was by Scott Terry against Mexico City on May 28th, 1988.

Interesting fact, Terry was traded to the Valdosta Bombers with Edwin Nunez in exchange for 2B-Marty Barrett & SP-Charlie Hough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...