Sunday, December 29, 2013

Wing Man

Just so my readers know, a cool opportunity has happened for me. Yesterday it was announced that I will be substituting as the Interim Manager/General Manager of the Stockton Wings in the MID-WEST WINTER LEAGUE, a computer BBW league headed by Stray Corrado.

The MID-WEST WINTER LEAGUE (MWWL) is a winter league that is currently using players from 1988 (25 years ago) while it's big brother league (which uses current players & prospects) The MID-WEST BASEBALL LEAGUE (MWBL) may be the biggest APBA Computer League out there, the best from what I have seen. One of their members happens to be Mr. Jonathan Mayo -- If for some odd reason, you don't know who Jonathan Mayo is, he has worked for Baseball America & you would recognize him during the MLB Draft on the MLB Network breaking down the future stars of MLB Baseball.

Personally, I believe it's absolutely the best league out there, built to have owners not only sport their manager skills, but their General Manager & Ownership skills, to every way imaginable to put a winning ball club out onto the field. I will be taking over the team at a 17-19 record (8 GB).

I feel honored to have been given a chance to get a taste of the MID-WEST action, and look forward to substituting in the current manager's place, who's on a leave of absence -- dealing with a personal illness in the family, my heart and prayers go out to his family during this tough time -- I will do my best to keep the team running, while keeping in touch with the current owner.

I hope I was alright in making this post, and that I didn't offend anyone in doing so -- this is a blog about all things APBA & Baseball that are happening in my life & I felt there was no better way to show my excitement in this new APBA opportunity.

Hope everyone had an excellent Holiday season!
Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...